Monday, September 7, 2009

まだまだゆめ

My family and I were going on a holiday to a large city, I believe in London. The small motel we arrived in was quite poor, and we arrived at night. I stepped over a sleeping child and had some difficulty finding our room, which was also small. I took a single bed, with my sisters doing the same and my parents taking a double bed in the corner. The view from my window was poor, as it looked onto the outskirts of the city, but I could see a Lamborghini, so I wasn’t entirely put-out. A bit later, the rest of my family went out, and I noticed that above our room, somehow within earshot, were two engineers trying to orient what looked like a large pair of dice, suspended by steel cables. They were arguing about how they needed someone just under 18. After listening for a while, I called up to them that I was 17 and 4 months. Eager, they called me up. My clothes got very dusty on the walk up the stairs, and I finally helped them – they identified a problem and thanked me for my time. They wanted to eat me though, so I left in a hurry. There were people being trained in the art of engineering in a clean classroom in an adjescant room to their worksite, in contrast to the noisy, dusty site that I was in. I left and went back down to my room. I asked at reception if they had any Zippo lighters to buy, but they did not.
Somehow, I found myself needing to teach my cadets something about Japanese. They were being particularly unruly, so I was able to equip a laser beam that took about 5 seconds to charge under direct sunlight, and could not charge anywhere else. The beam lasted long enough to kill one cadet, and main another, if only aimed at one at a time. I began vaporising the more unruly cadets, and the rest mostly fell into place. I was watching Ms. Asai teach her lesson, and when she was finished, I began to teach my own. It went poorly however, and I was not in direct sunlight, so I could not use my laser.
Then the dream sort of fizzled out, and I woke up.

0 comments: