Monday, May 19, 2008

Extrovertedness...

There's a Guitar Hero III competition going on at school at the moment.
In case you, one of the very few readers of my blog, don't already know, I am pretty good at that game. Not fantastic, but good enough to be able to play every song but one, and that one song is pretty insane.
Anyway, the competition is running through this week, the year 11's (that's me) are on on Wednesday, today it was the Year 9's.

To be honest, I had expected there to be about 20 people there, and more than half of that was to be competitors. I was going along to see how the competition would be run.
Three things surprised me.

  • There were probably more than 100 people there
  • There were only 6 competitors
  • It was dark, with crazy lighting, and everyone was screaming like they were at a rock concert.
After the competitors had finished, there was about 5 minutes left in Lunch. Matt knew the guy running it, and was asked if he could play Through the Fire and Flames on Expert to entertain the crowd. (Follow the link before, to see the song).
So, he gets me to get up and play with him. I'm not exactly the sort of person people would be expecting to play that sort of song, in a game like that, at a place like that, so people were pretty surprised.

Anyway, when I chose the song and difficulty, everyone went crazy with yells and screams.


And then...

We played.



Cries of "OH MY GOD THEY'RE FREAKS" and "THAT IS FUCKING IMPOSSIBLE" barely made their way over the deafening roar of 100 late teenagers, and Matt and I played on.

It was pretty awesome.
The bell cut the song short, but it was cool anyway.


So that's score one for the extroverted half of me...

0 comments: