Saturday, July 26, 2008

れんぞく - Continuity

Well.

It's hard not to believe in fate, sometimes.
Less than a week after I began pondering the worry over not having any real reason to live, life throws a solution in my face with about as much subtlety as a falling 500kg weight from a cartoon.

I'm playing Tsukihime, and the one of the characters asks what's the point of going to school, of getting a job, of bothering to live for no reason. The other character replies that there isn't really a reason for anyone to live - that life in itself is pretty pointless. He is asked how he deals with that, and he says that he doesn't, he simply avoids the problem.

Basically, living in ignorance is better than living in agony.

I have to say, that's pretty much the only solution and it seems pretty obvious now I've been told it.

If life is pointless, and there's nothing anyone can do about it, then the only thing to do is stoically move forward, ignoring life itself, just trying to enjoy the pointless time we have to the best of our ability.

So I suppose I'm in a slightly better overall mindset now. The reality doesn't change, but I can at least change my perception of that reality.

Well, since this isn't just an emo blog about my feelings and how depressed I am, I'll go back to talking about things I actually do - off to see The Dark Knight with my father and sister now...I've heard it's pretty good, so that should be nice. ^_^

じゃな!

0 comments: