Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Returning

The holidays are now coming to a close. In less than 12 hours, I, and the rest of BGS, will be back to school. These past holidays have been very different from most, because of the renovations. It has given me a chance to recollect my thoughts, refresh my mind, start afresh.
I have learned much, seen much, done much. I watched no less than 6 animes, downloaded hundreds of songs, learned to create maps in UnrealED, Taken my first job, earned enough money to start purchasing parts for my new computer, discovered new ways for people to interact with computers, learned the Jessica Fridrich method for solving F2L on the Rubik's cube, and many other things, far to numerous to mention.
For most of my life, the passing of years has been marked by the school years. I suppose that's why the fact that it is now 2008 has, for the most part, skipped my attention.
2008 will be an interesting year for me. Since I will be turning 16, I will be able to get a Driver's Licence, apply for a Visa and leave school. I'm not sure how it will all turn out, since the years never seem to go exactly as I planned, but I am hoping that at least it won't be a bad year.
I can't say I'm exactly looking forward to going back to school, but I guess my disposition is irrelevant, and I'm certainly not dreading it. As I said, it will be interesting.

Either way, time goes on, and until someone finds a way to stop it, the only thing I can do is keep clawing my way through experiences as they attempt to rush by me.
Wish me luck!

0 comments: